NEW Craving

Friday, August 14, 2009
11:14 PM

Rawr! So, now it's August and that means I am no longer a Frosh(since July pa..). XD

Haha..
Anyway, that now means that the photography course can be taken. One downside though, I don't have a SLR or a DSLR. They said that the first photography course was learning how to use an SLR (But it turned out our professor was ok with us using digital ones. He said he won't be teaching us technical stuff, but about concept.).

Well, we show up for the class and get our first homework. Our professor said that it was to assess how we are at photography and how much we learned from the video he showed us.

The next time our class met, he gave us another homework, our first 'serious' homework. He asked us to take pictures of objects that form all the letters in the alphabet.

We were like, "Ok." and left.

---

Now for the connection of this entry to the title. XD

Everyone was excited for the photography class, and so there they were buying cameras for them to use. I've always wanted one, but I can't have one.

I pretty much stood on the sideline with all these shopping spree for cameras by my classmates, but the announcement of our first 'serious' assignment made me even more determined to ask for a camera.

So I tried, eben though I knew I wouldn't get one that easily(we're not well off like my classmates are..>.<). Still, I gave it a shot. i got what I expected the talk about not having enough papers to buy one. I asked for a Nikon D40, but was turned down, they said it was too expensive. Now, my dad suggests I go check out Olympus since he thought that it would be more affordable. I did and found one that I really liked, Olympus E-620. Turned out, though, that it was a lot more expensive than the D40. But when I looked at the specs and compared it to Nikon and Canon, it really was more affordable. ---- Olympus E-620 Image from here.

Details here.

Killed boredom at 11:14 PM | 1 Gave Itachi Some Love